Welcome!

I'm a wife to a wonderful man, a mommy to three beautiful children, and a theatre teacher at a school I love. I'm addicted to subscription boxes and makeup, an avid book reader, and a huge fan of music. My life is very busy and very blessed!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday, Julian!

Today my "baby boy" is officially a toddler! Two years old; I can't believe it. I've been taking a trip down memory lane the past couple of days because of his birthday and World Cup Fever.

The World Cup graces us with a month of soccer every 4 years. I think back to 4 years ago-summer 2010. I was in my mid 20's, had just gotten out a serious relationship, and ready to have some fun. My friend Karen and I would go to Fox Sports Grill when it was at the Shops of Legacy and watch all the games (she was rooting for Uruguay, I was rooting for the US and then Spain). Little did I know at the time that my future husband worked only a mile up the road and in a few short months we were going to reconnect at Pete's Piano Bar (Justin and I have known each other for 10 years but that's another story for another day). It's crazy for me to think back on the woman I was only 4 years ago, and the woman I am now.

Flash forward a few summers later to 2012 and Justin and I are married and with a new baby boy. It's funny how "seriously" you take having your first child. All the classes and stuff you think you need to buy. How scared you are of every little thing your newborn does (or doesn't do). Julian was always a great baby. Always happy and always ahead of the game when it came to crawling and then walking. He must have known that Justin and I were new to the whole parenting thing and decided to take it easy on us. Now he's singing his ABC's and counting and naming his shapes. He's going to give me a run for my money, I'm afraid. He's very communicative, very observant, and thinks he can do everything. He's got a bit of a temper at times-hmmmm, which parent does he get that from ;-). He loves his family and his grandparents so very much, and he's starting to get along with his sisters (haha).

Julian, you have changed my life for the better, and I thank you for that. Thank you for teaching me about love and life. I'm so proud of who you are today and can't wait to see what the future holds in store for you-I know it's going to be great! Your daddy is counting down the days 'til you can start playing team sports, while I am itching for you to be the next Hugh Jackman. Happy birthday to my most favorite little boy ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment