Welcome!

I'm a wife to a wonderful man, a mommy to three beautiful children, and a theatre teacher at a school I love. I'm addicted to subscription boxes and makeup, an avid book reader, and a huge fan of music. My life is very busy and very blessed!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Sound of Silence

All I can hear right now is silence, and it's a strange yet beautiful thing. 

Justin is out of town on a guy's trip and my three babies are with his parents so it's me all by myself this weekend. I feel guilty for admitting that I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while. You see, I pretty much get no alone time. I'm a wife, a mother, and a teacher-I'm surrounded by people all day every day. It's fulfilling but can get overwhelming and demanding. 

So what have I been doing with my free time? Yesterday I went out to dinner with my dad and then went to see Interstellar with him, my sister, and her boyfriend. Talk about a mind trip of a movie. I'll have to watch it a few more times to gauge if I truly like the movie or not. I loved Inception and had high expectations for Interstellar. I'm not a Matthew McConaughey fan so it was a little tough watching him for 3 hours but the visuals made up for it. I know; it's a little shameful for me to be a Texas thespian and not support McConaughey, a fellow Texas actor. 

Today I went and got my hair done at the salon and then went shopping at Target, Nordstrom Rack, and Khol's. Justin is going to wish he had never gone out of town when he sees the receipts for my shopping trips. I never have the opportunity to shop and I took full advantage of my free time. Heeeellllloooo new winter wardrobe! 

This evening I went and saw the play "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe." One of my students is in the play for a community theatre and his mom invited me. We went out to dinner before hand. She is so thoughtful to invite me. 

Now it's 11:30 on a Saturday evening and I'm sitting alone in my room listening to a Phantogram/Foster the People YouTube mix. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself! Saturday nights when you are married with kids look so much different then they used to. I wouldn't change it for the world, but it has been a nice change of pace this weekend. I'm re-charging in preparation for the holidays. Speaking of the holidays, I am hosting Thanksgiving this year for the first time ever. If anybody has any advice to give, be it hosting, cooking, or emotional advice, please feel free to share it with me! 

"Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain 
Still remains
Within the sound of silence" 

No comments:

Post a Comment