Welcome!

I'm a wife to a wonderful man, a mommy to three beautiful children, and a theatre teacher at a school I love. I'm addicted to subscription boxes and makeup, an avid book reader, and a huge fan of music. My life is very busy and very blessed!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Birchbox Home Sweet Homespun Limited Edition Box

Happy Thanksgiving week! I'm enjoying this much needed time off. Today I've been lounging around the house with my girls-it's very much "Home Sweet Home" here today! And what better way to kick off the holidays than with a review of the Birchbox Home Sweet Homespun box?

I ordered two of these boxes; one for me and one for my sister's birthday. I ordered them separately, used a 20% coupon on each order, and added a mystery sample pack to each shipment. That meant each box was $32. This box got to me super quick. I ordered it on a Monday and it was here on Wednesday. Doesn't the box look gorgeous!?


Here's what it looks like when you open it up:


And here's what you get inside and what I thought about each item: 

*Askinosie Chocolate Single Origin Sipping Chocolate-There is enough for two small servings. I added whole milk to the chocolate. It is a little bitter; might need some sugar. Very rich and definitely better than the powdered stuff at the grocery store! 

*Meri Meri The Little Garden Treat Kit-These are cute handcrafted labels and gift bags. Sadly, I'm not much of a treat or craft maker, so I passed these on to my mother in law. She loved them! 

*Illume Mini Tin Soy Candle-I can never have enough candles. The label on it is so pretty with the red and gold accents. I've got it burning right now-the sugar and spice fragrance is so nice and makes my bedroom smell great. 

*Momofuku Milk Bar Cornflake-Chocolate chip-Marshmallow Cookie Mix-This is the only item  in my box I haven't been able to try out yet because it needs a special type of mixer that I don't have. My husband has been begging me to make them because they sound so delicious! The directions do sound a little complicated to make which is why I haven't done them yet. I'll have an update on them soon! 

*Soak Handmaid Luxury Hand Creme-This lotion has a light fig smell to it. I can wear it alone or with my perfume and it's not overpowering. It has a shea-butter formula which makes my hands so soft. Great addition to the box.

*Cowshed Lippy Cow Natural Lip Balm-I love the smell of this lip balm. It has orange and rose essential oils and leaves my lips feeling soft. It has a sheer color so I save this balm for the evenings and weekends (I prefer my lip products to be tinted).

*Makerskit Hanging Photo Clips Complete Project Kit-This was the only item that seems a little "cheap" to me. It's some twine, a few pushpins and a few clothespins. I had a student hang it up in my classroom and even she asked me where I got it from due to the quality. I wouldn't put this up in my house. The clothespins are a little too small so  you have to attach at least 2 per photo. I didn't like the card stock it came with-it's way too tiny and I didn't like the design.

*Richer Poorer socks-Normally I'm not a sock person but these socks are way too cute to not enjoy. I've been wearing them around the house and love the way they feel-not too thick that your feet sweat, but not too thin that your feet get cold. I sound like Goldilocks haha. I love the design on them! 

So that's the Home Sweet Homespun box! For $32 (with a coupon) you get 8 different cozy and cheerful items. I would definitely recommend stocking up on a few of these for Christmas gifts! If you received this box, what did you think about it?

Now the question is...do I splurge for a Vanity Affair box??? Or wait until after the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment