Welcome!

I'm a wife to a wonderful man, a mommy to three beautiful children, and a theatre teacher at a school I love. I'm addicted to subscription boxes and makeup, an avid book reader, and a huge fan of music. My life is very busy and very blessed!

Friday, November 28, 2014

November Ipsy



I'm on my 3rd month of Ipsy now! I was excited when I heard that this month's theme was "Girl Meets Glitter"-I LOVE glitter/sparkle. Funny; it doesn't really go with my personality. When people ask me what my favorite color is I always say SPARKLE! I love that the bag is sparkly and made by Forever 21, but the plastic is a little cheap and has a few weird wrinkles in it. I've had a few people tell me how cute the bag is. 

Here are the items that I received and what I thought about them: 

*be Delectable from Cake Beauty ultra nourishing hand cream in coconut & cream-It's crazy-this hand cream smells EXACTLY like coconut cream pie! Delicious! I've only worn it at night because I don't want the smell to interfere with my perfume. My husband has been using it as well and he's crazy about the smell. It's very nourishing and isn't greasy at all. What a great cream, and definitely something I wouldn't normally buy for myself! 

*J. Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion- I was hesitant to try this lip paint out because it's darker than what I normally wear. It's a little messy to apply but as soon as I put it on i fell in love with the color. Such a pretty red/pink tone and perfect for the winter time. It's got great staying power but I should have exfoliated my lips before putting it on. I also think the application could be more user friendly. 

*Starlooks gem eye pencil in Ultra Orchid-I'm such a sucker for eyeliners and currently working on building my collection. The color looks so pretty and even has sparkles in it! I thought it would go great with my green hazel eyes. Unfortunately it's just not working out for me. I applied it to my top lid but it doesn't go on very dark. It also smeared or flaked all around my eyes and made me look like a raccoon. I also tried it on my bottom lid but it had the same effect. I'll maybe use it as a shadow and if that doesn't work I'll be tossing this item :(. 

*Temptu S/B Highlighter-I was so confused when I saw this item in my bag; I wasn't quite sure what it was! I had to look up the product and how to use it. I've never really used a highlighter before and did one of their recommendations, which was to mix it in with your foundation. To be honest I haven't really seen much of a difference when I've used this product. The formula is a little watery and to their benefit I could be using it incorrectly. Im going to try using it without mixing it into my foundation and just apply it directly on my face to see if it makes a noticeable difference. 

*clariSEA Sea Salt Solutions Instant Glow Powder Exfoliant-Another product that I was confused about what it was! It ended up being my FAVORITE item in the bag. It's made of salt and you either use it by itself or mixed in with your normal nighttime cleanser. The first time I used it I thought for sure it would irritate my sensitive skin. That was not the case! It buffed away all the gunk on my face and left my skin feeling incredibly soft. The more I use it the more I love it! Like I said; definitely my favorite item in the bag. 

Overall I was happy with this month's bag and thought they and a really great mix of makeup and skin care products. If you get Ipsy, what did you think of your bag? Ddi you get the same items as me, or different? If you would like to check out Ipsy, make sure to use my referral link!

No comments:

Post a Comment