Welcome!

I'm a wife to a wonderful man, a mommy to three beautiful children, and a theatre teacher at a school I love. I'm addicted to subscription boxes and makeup, an avid book reader, and a huge fan of music. My life is very busy and very blessed!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

#59 Halloween Special Memebox

I ordered my first Memebox early last month. I know there are a few other bloggers out there who are obsessed with this company so I had to try it out! I LOVE Halloween so imagine my delight when I saw they had a Halloween box for sale! Here was the description of the box: 

Just in time for Halloween!
This Halloween, your possibilities are endless with a chock-full of spooky makeup ideas! No need to drop loads of cash on costumes you’ll only wear once a year, just grab this Halloween Special box, loaded with fun and crafty makeup ideas that are fit for any party occasion! 



Whether you plan on being a sexy vamp, a pretty pixie, or just sport your trusty ol’ witch hat for the night, these do-able Halloween makeup ideas will compliment any costume and also be sure to get you a double-take! 


The box was $23 plus $6.99 for shipping (they are a Korean company). I found a $5 off coupon on Retail Me Not so I ended up paying $25. They shipped it out on October 10th and I ended up getting it on October 20th. 

It came in a large pink envelope (it reminds me a lot of the Ipsy packaging). Here is what it says on the outside (I apologize for the somewhat blurry picture): 


Here is what the box looks like: 

And here is what was inside: 

My initial reaction opening the envelope was disappointment. I had expected it to come in a cute Halloween looking box. Also, there was something sticking out of the box a little bit. 

And then I opened the box and saw the things I had received. 

*Elizavecca Lip Tattoos-Lip tattoos? I'll never use these; it takes too much time to cut them out for your lips and then apply them. I also don't like the deep win and dark burgundy colors it comes in. 

*Lalanc Real Tattoos-My last name is King so I'll probably use the king crown tattoos that are in this pack. I will probably give away the crosses to the youth group at church. 

*Revecen fake eyelashes-These are super long so I'll only be able to use them for Halloween. I do plan on trying them out though. 

*Revecen Liquid Lipstick blood-We just had a zombie production at school so I brought this product with me and applied it on all of the zombies' mouths. If you are a zombie or vampire for Halloween then this product is perfect. 

*Revecen Face Control Foundation in White-A full size sample of something I'll use once a year (and will have to toss anyway after a certain time)? Sigh. 

*Revecen Cake Eye Liner in Black-So you are supposed to apply water to this to make it into a wearable liner. I have a million and one liners I already like that take no time or mess to apply. I'll pass on this item. 

*Revecen Supra Lining Color in Purple-Another item that needs water to apply it. It's a super dark color; I'll take it up to school and use it when I show how to make cuts and bruises. 

Ultimately I'm very disappointed. The size of all the products are great; they just aren't anything I could use more than once or twice. I thought they would have more of a variety of items-they advertised it as such and I feel like this would only be good for a goth or monster creature. Where's the pretty pixie items? 

I'm not sure I'll order from Memebox again-it would have to be a pretty impressive theme for me to. $25 is a lot to spend on beauty products that you may or may not be able to use. I'll put that $25 towards checking out another box (maybe Boxycharm...). 



No comments:

Post a Comment