Welcome!

I'm a wife to a wonderful man, a mommy to three beautiful children, and a theatre teacher at a school I love. I'm addicted to subscription boxes and makeup, an avid book reader, and a huge fan of music. My life is very busy and very blessed!

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fall is FINALLY here!

It's currently 57 degrees here in DFW with highs in the 70's and low 80's for the next week, so it's safe to say that fall is officially here. About time! I celebrated by having a Halloween shopping spree at Michael's yesterday-all of their Halloween items are currently 50-60% off! I'm planning on stopping by one more time this week. Here is my mantle all decked out for my favorite holiday:

I'll post a few more pictures throughout the week of some of my other Halloween decorations. 

It's a 4 day weekend for the kids and a 3 day weekend for teachers. Tomorrow we are headed to the State Fair with my dad and we are taking Julian-please pray that my 2 year old behaves! This could either go really really good, or really really bad.

Last weekend we went to Austin City Limits. It was both tons of fun and a total disaster. That being said, we are definitely going again next year! Friday night we saw Foster the People and Outkast. Saturday I got to meet Interpol. Sunday I got to see and meet Phantogram, see Fitz & The Tantrums, and see Pearl Jam. Fitz was my favorite performance; Pearl Jam was my least. Pearl Jam is one of Justin's favorite bands but it's just not my style of music.

Me getting to meet Interpol. Really sweet guys-I was a HUGE fan of theirs while I was in college! I was all blushy and fan girlie while I was talking to them. 

A few of my favorite pictures from ACL. 

Austin is one of my favorite places ever. I wish wish wish that we lived there! It totally fits my hipster/eclectic personality. A dream that Justin and I have is to buy a house in Austin or a surrounding area. Hopefully one day it happens! 

Justin and I went to ACL for the first time in 2010 when we had just started dating. It was nice to relive and revisit some of those memories <3. I'm looking forward to taking my kids to ACL and introducing them to something that is really important to me-live music! 

No comments:

Post a Comment