Welcome!

I'm a wife to a wonderful man, a mommy to three beautiful children, and a theatre teacher at a school I love. I'm addicted to subscription boxes and makeup, an avid book reader, and a huge fan of music. My life is very busy and very blessed!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

October Ipsy

I was so excited to receive my second Ipsy bag in the mail yesterday! I really liked my first bag from them last month.This month’s theme is “Beauty Candy.” Cute name! I love the pretty blue bag it came in-the texture and material is very durable. I’ve already thrown it into my work bag to hold this month’s makeup goodies in. 



A side note- I’m not sure how the rest of my bag relates to “Beauty Candy?” Hmmmm….I don’t think I received as many makeup products as other people did. Maybe I’m comparing it to a Meme box where all of the products relate to a certain theme, but my products or the looks I could possibly create from the products didn’t make me think of candy. Speaking of Memebox, I should be getting my special themed Halloween box this week! Eek! 

Here are the products I received and what I thought of them: 

*Nicole by OPI nail polish in “I’m On a Gilt Trip”-I’ve been meaning to buy a gold nail polish so this was good timing. The color looks more like a sand than gold color on me and has more of a matte finish. It does add a little sparkle to my nails. I’d probably use this on an accent nail instead of all my nails next time. 


*Noyah lipstick in “Deeply in Mauve”-The sample size is teeny tiny cute! But that’s ok because this isn’t a color I normally wear. Don’t get me wrong-I really like the raisin color! It’s perfect for fall. I didn’t experience the “sticky” texture that some reviewers had about the product. 

*Skone Cosmetics Tattooed Waterproof Eyeliner-Glides on nice and smooth. Easy application. Great eyeliner! 

*Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser-I used this for the first time last night. I liked the smell of it-very fresh and clean. I felt like I got a good clean from it but it did leave my face feeling dry. I had to put on extra nighttime moisturizer. I have sensitive skin and I didn’t break out from it which is always a fear of mine. 

*Ayres Patagonia Body Butter-This product has jasmine and rosemary in it which makes it smell so nice and calming! Not too powerful or overbearing of a smell. It did leave my skin feeling super soft and left no greasy residue.  

Overall this month’s bag was a hit for me. What did you thing of “Beauty Candy?” Did you get the same or different products as me? And, if you aren’t signed up for Ipsy and would like to, be sure to use my referral code! Both of my sisters signed up-can’t wait to hear what they got and what they think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment