Welcome!

I'm a wife to a wonderful man, a mommy to three beautiful children, and a theatre teacher at a school I love. I'm addicted to subscription boxes and makeup, an avid book reader, and a huge fan of music. My life is very busy and very blessed!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ipsy September "Street Style" Bag

I received my first Ipsy glam bag on Wednesday. I signed up in July but was put on a wait list so I signed up for Birchbox in the meantime. It was actually a complete surprise that I got it this week-for whatever reason their emails had been going to my spam folder. Imagine my delight when I opened up my mailbox and there was a pink package for me!


I opened the package and found the silver studded makeup bag and the "Street Style" card. While I appreciate the novelty of a makeup bag, for somebody like me I only need one, not one with every shipment. I'll throw this one in my work bag and then start giving them away. It's pretty flimsy but fits my personality as far as an accessory goes. The theme is cute; I wouldn't describe my beauty style as "street anything" haha.

I was immediately impressed by the "sample" sizes. The only item that is small is the powder which is good because I NEVER use powder. The hand cream is also a sample size but it usually takes me a while to go through hand lotions and creams. As much as I love Birchbox sometimes I wish their samples were larger. No complaints here about the size of the products from Ipsy!

The items I received were:
1. Be a Bombshell "Smooth Criminal" powder
I wasn't excited to see this product in my bag at all, but boy was I wrong in thinking that! I don't ever wear powder; it's just not part of my routine. I'd use it every day if it were this product! It's colorless and 100% silica and made my face feel so soft and smooth. It did as promised on the label and I'm a fan.

2. Avon Big and Daring mascara
I ended up liking this product the least. I've loved and used DiorShow for years and mix in Maybelline when I've run out and haven't had a chance to go pick it up. I feel like I had to apply coats over and over again to try and get some volume and thickness. I get lots of compliments on the length of my eyelashes when I wear DiorShow, and even though it's expensive, I'll continue to use it. This mascara just wasn't for me which is a shame considering the size of the product!

3. Cailyn "Basic Instinct" lip gloss
This ended up being my favorite product (go figure, ANOTHER lip gloss to add to my collection). It's a coral color and is so smooth and creamy. The color looks great with my complexion and stays on pretty good. Usually I wouldn't wear a color like this (I tend to gravitate towards purple undertones).

4. Mitchell and Peach hand cream 
This product is "ok." When I apply it, it feels slick instead of creamy. It does absorb into the skin and leaves it feeling soft; however, I don't like the initial smell-it smells too "earthy." I'm definitely going to use it at work instead of at home. I like my hand creams to have a feminine scent to them.

5. Pacifica "Red Red Wine" nail polish

Overall, I was happy with my Ipsy bag and looking forward to next month's products.

No comments:

Post a Comment